Transitions

Between each chapter of life
Must lie a transition
A time to adjust
And a time to listen

A quiet time it is
This time of transition
Where not much takes place
And not so much is seen

It's like lying in a valley
Rock walls to the left and to the right
Not one I can lay my hand upon
And both of them in sight

Through the journey I make
To ascend to the other side
I find myself where I was lost
Somewhere deep inside my mind

Can this really be me?
Is it true that I was lost?
Amongst all the noise?
Did I really lose my cause?

This transition time I'm in
Now has changed everything
It has helped redefine my cause
And helped make me complete

Now, I have to question
Where did it all go wrong?
When did become so far gone?
And why did it last for so long?

Now, I tread this dusk valley
Feeling nothing but wind on my face
Lost in who I really am
But finally in my place

The past lies behind me
Its trials come to leave
Its lessons fresh in my head
The ideas I can now conceive

What links the past to the future,
But where you are in the present?
Where you've been, and where you'll go
Is tied together by the now's consent

This time of transition
Sprawls out so long before me
A journey that seems endless
But the road is where I want to be

I find content in where I was
and look forward to where I'll arrive.
But, most of all, I find content
Living on neither side.

So, let the road stretch before me.
May the past hold its position.
Let tomorrow bring its excitement
But for today, I live in transition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Path to Yesterday: Back Cover

A step Forward

Chapter 1: A restless night