Goodbye

I don't want to leave you
But, I know it must be done
I don't want to hurt you
But it's time for me to run

I don't know how to say it
But I'll give it my best try
I'm bad at being blunt
But I promise not to lie

You used to be a blessing
Now you are a weight
That holds me back from who I am
And my long to be great

I don't know why you've done this
I've tried to figure out
Why you have become
What I want to live without

I spent so much time trying
Trying to bring you back
Back to who I once knew
To get you back on track

Times I've tried to help you
I've given myself
Thinking that it could you
Bearing through the rough

Now I see the problem
There's nothing I can do
Now I see the problem
Lies solely with you

You don't want to get better
You just want to feel bad
That the situations around you
Should only make you mad

Now it's affecting me
Your negative disease
It's bringing me down too
And with that I am displeased

So now I have to do it
I have to say goodbye
I have to so strong
Why tears flood my eyes

Please don't try to fight it
You know it to be true
That leaving each other's lives
Will help I and you

Please prosper in your life
For that I will always pray
And I pray that we will meet again
In another far off day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prelude: Choices

Chapter 1: A restless night

A Path to Yesterday: Back Cover