Denial

"You want me to be happy,
But I deny it everyday.
Because I will not listen,
There's a price I have to pay.

Though I constantly try to fight it,
You always know what's best,
And it is to my great disgrace,
I put You to the test.

Now my sins are put before me,
I lay broken at your feet.
Humbled from my failures,
I wish nothing but to grieve.

But now I am forgiven,
From sin I am now clean.
Though I feel that I am filthy,
In your eyes I am pristine.

My Lord, my God, My Master
You are faithful beyond belief.
You sent your Son to die
for a lowly wretch like me.

All that I can do,
it will never be enough
to make up this great debt
from the power of Your Love.

So help me do my best
to come as close as I can be
to showing You I love You,
praying that you will See.

I give my life to follow
And I know that you will guide
Though, I always seem to fall
You will keep me by your side."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Path to Yesterday: Back Cover

A step Forward

Chapter 1: A restless night