The battle

All the wounds around me
The ones I try to mend
Have taken a great toll
And now they must end

A lack of sense destroyed me
I have done this to myself
I have brought on my own demons
In pursuit of something else

I've lost my way to find you
And it brings me great despair
To say that I'm off track
That my route now needs repair

My kingdom falls around me
I did not have a clue
What will possibly save me
And there was nothing I can do

But now I see

But my strength within me
could never be enough
But still I know for sure
That I could never give it up

Because...

You're there with me
No matter where I am
Your strength, it fills me
And no matter what I do

Your love will guide me, and it will keep me safe
The battle brings great trials,
But it always is the same

The battle is won
The battle is won
And with you
It can never be lost

Lost...

Lost....

Not lost....

I find it so very easy
To get myself lost in this place
And this world seems so dark
Without your shining face

You found me face on the floor
The tears filling my eyes
The pain seemed too much
All I could do was cry

But, now I know

Your strength is so big
And my problems so small
You've given me no trial
That was too much at all!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Path to Yesterday: Back Cover

A step Forward

Chapter 1: A restless night