Thoughts of you

I gave a thought of you today
It happens once in a while
A distance has come between us
That's kept you in the meanwhile.

I hope that you are happy
As each day passes by
I hope things are well
Though I don't know why

You cut me from your life
Pushed me to the side
Though to be your friend
Was all I ever tried.

I never wanted this
Never wanted the pain
I thought we could be friends
And keep each other sane

All I wanted was to help
To give my best advice
But I didn't realize my boundaries
Though I wish I could've recognized.

Now, we're here, distanced
Like the east from the west
My worries and thoughts
Locked in a chest

Do I ever cross your mind??
That I do not know
I only hope you leave room
For me in your soul.

So, as my fleeting thought takes its distance
And I begin to let my mind travel elsewhere
As I let your memory fade into my mind
I begin to think on how I don't care

Don't care if I'm there or not
If I help to bring a smile
Care if I am considered a friend
Called to during a trial.

No, it doesn't matter anymore
Whether I am there or not
There's only one thing
That I have always sought.

So as I say goodbye to your memory
Maybe this you will hear
Maybe somehow these words
Will help bring you cheer.

Be happy, my old friend
Don't let the world get you down
Don't let people control you
Keep your smile close around

You can be so much
God always has his plan
Don't let anyone change that
Always remember that you can

So smile more, laugh a lot
Be the person you are
Become who you want
Though it seems so far

I thought of you today
And one word came to me
Though I wish happiness for you
I can only think of being sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Path to Yesterday: Back Cover

A step Forward

Chapter 1: A restless night